Minor Skin Surgery including DOPS Assessment
Course provided by RCGP Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Faculty
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak all of our advertised face to face courses within the next month have had to be cancelled until further notice. In this difficult period many of our course providers have been unable to update their listings so please bear with us.
Why not try our new online courses??
Will cover the whole syllabus as follows:
• Simple rules for confident lesion recognition
• Avoid common risks by being prepared
• Seek valid consent and avoid the stress of complaints
• Impress patients with comfortable and effective local anaesthesia
• Cryotherapy curettage and cautery with small group practical sessions
• Logical steps in the excision biopsy of moles and blunt dissection of cysts
• Ingrowing toenail surgery without tears
• Skin closure to minimise suture marks
• DOPS assessment to document how good you will be
• Good note-keeping and audit
The course materials will form a regularly updated reference in published literature and delegates will have access to ongoing clinical advice from the course lead.
The course is suitable for GPs who are new to Minor Surgery
Director of Minor Surgery, RCGP (Beds and Herts, East Anglia, Thames Valley, North east London, Essex, Leicester and Midland Faculties)
President of the Association of Surgeons in Primary Care
Expert Witness for GP minor surgery.
This course is led and taught by Dr Soon Lim FRCGP who does minor surgery teaches minor surgery and gives his expert advice on minor surgery to the MPS MDU and GMC. At present he leads the minor surgery courses for 8 separat