Terms and Conditions
Oppia Ltd. makes every effort to ensure that the information provided on our website and app is accurate and up to date, but we do not guarantee the accuracy and completeness of the content. We reserve the right to make changes to the content of our web and app platforms and services described therein, at any time and without notice.
Under no circumstances will Oppia Ltd. be liable for any damage or loss arising from the use of information, or reliance upon that information, contained on our website or on our app.
When you access SimplyCPD via the website or app, you are agreeing to do so solely for your private use and not for commercial or public use, with the exception of institutions which are course providers adding course content when signed up to the service as an approved account holder. In such instances you are only permitted to upload content that is appropriate, relevant, in keeping with the aims of the platform, and which reflects and respects the rest of these terms and conditions. Under no circumstances are any users permitted to copy content from SimplyCPD to their own website or app or other medium, whether digital, print or other, without our express permission. All users agree to use SimplyCPD solely for lawful purposes, in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, inhibit the use of or enjoyment of SimplyCPD by anyone. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, which may cause distress or inconvenience to any person(s), involves transmission of offensive content, disrupts the normal working of this application or website, or which may be considered harassment.
You are also agreeing that you will not copy, reproduce, store in any way or by any means, distribute, transfer, transmit, modify or show in public any part of the website without the prior written permission of Oppia Ltd. in accordance with UK law as outlined in the Copyright, Design and Patents Act, 1988.
You are prohibited from using SimplyCPD to post, share or transmit any unlawful, offensive, defamatory, obscene, malicious, misleading or scandalous material. This includes material that constitutes, or encourages, conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, likely to give rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law. Oppia Ltd. reserves the right to co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials on SimplyCPD.
Third Party Links
Copyright and trademark
Unless stated otherwise, Oppia Ltd maintains copyright of the design, style, appearance, use & operation, content and information published on SimplyCPD. The design of SimplyCPD is owned by Oppia Ltd. and we own or have license to use the photographs found on SimplyCPD.
Logos, names and images identifying SimplyCPD or Oppia Ltd. are the proprietary marks of Oppia Ltd. and/or our subsidiaries. You are prohibited by law to reproduce them or copy them without the express permission of Oppia Ltd.
Intellectual property rights
All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights on SimplyCPD, and all photographs, video, designs, images, text, software, data and other material on SimplyCPD or generated by our platform is owned by us or by those with whom we have license agreements. You are prohibited to use any such material within, or about, SimplyCPD unless Oppia Ltd has granted express permission. You must contact us in writing to gain that permission.
You are only permitted to use, print and download extracts from SimplyCPD for your personal and private use only. Content upload is permitted by course provider institutions using an approved account to upload course/event content, providing that it is in keeping with the content and spirit of these terms and conditions. Any commercial, public or broadcast use is otherwise prohibited. Content may be used for teaching purposes, provided in each case that:
- copyright and source indications are also printed and copied and clearly marked as such, identifying SimplyCPD as the origin and Oppia Ltd as the rightful owner of that information.
- no modifications are made to the materials and they are not used as part of any other publication
- any document is printed and copied in its entirety and is not used in a derogatory, harmful or misleading context.
- the material is not used in a manner which may damage the reputation of Oppia Ltd. or SimplyCPD or otherwise be harmful to either, or impair either’s commercial standing.
No other use of material on SimplyCPD may be made without first obtaining our express, written permission. In particular, you are forbidden, without our express permission, to:
- Incorporate any material from SimplyCPD in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic form or any other medium, or
- Make any commercial use of, through publication of or reproduction by any means of any material on SimplyCPD (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the sites in the course of business)
If you wish to use any material from SimplyCPD that is not in accordance with terms above or which requires our express permission as outlined in these terms and conditions, please email your request to email@example.com
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- Simply CPD has been designed to comply with the statutory legal requirements and relevant safety standards of the United Kingdom. We can therefore make no representation or warranty that any product provided via or referred to in our sites is compliant with health, safety or other legal requirements which apply outside the United Kingdom or are otherwise suitable for use outside of the United Kingdom. You may not access our sites from countries where SimplyCPD’s content is illegal or unlawful. If you do access SimplyCPD from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, and we will in no way be held responsible
- We do not warrant that the functions contained within SimplyCPD will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that SimplyCPD or its host servers are free of viruses or bugs or represent full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. We will not be liable for any loss, disruption or damage to your data, smartphone or your computer system, or any other damages (including amongst other losses, loss of profit or loss of use) arising out of your use of, or delay or inability to use Simply CPD, its content or any link to another website arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
We've taken every care to ensure that the information on SimplyCPD is accurate and up to date. However, if you come across something you believe is inaccurate, please contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org